mini msds

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

mini msds

Post by RosalieM »

Hi All,
I know the topic of MSDSs and mini MSDSs has been going on forever, but I have just been on the chemwatch website to put into practice some of your brilliant ideas, and it won't let me print mini-MSDS, only the summary page. The mini MSDS comes up in a new window without any of the tools available. Same for full MSDS. What am I doing wrong??? I have checked that I am in teacher mode... other than that I don't know what else to check.
Rosalie
RosalieM

Re: mini msds

Post by RosalieM »

Typical... before I wrote that post I couldn't even highlight the page to copy and paste it into a word document. Now it will let me do that, although it loses all formatting and makes the effort worthless anyway... so any tips appreciated!
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

I do believe most web sites are having trouble today, as they were all programmed to start day light savings, and were reprogrammed not to start until next weekend. Our IT chap, was not happy today at all. Perhaps that is the problem?????????
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

Maybe, but I'm not sure the time would have anything to do with the opening in a different window and missing buttons. I'll wait and see... My computer tricked me last night. Was keeping an eye on the time and at 10:30 decided to start writing a letter to a friend. Next thing I know, it's 12:15!! It was really 11:30 when I started the letter because my computer had automatically changed its clock... Maybe the problem is just that I'm a bit extra-sleepy today!
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Hi,
The key is to save it as a PDF file, if you are interested i can send you "HOW to"
file is to big to posted here
Cheers Jazz
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

Thanks Jazz, that would be great. I can't even see an option to save it. My email address is murrayr@carinya.nsw.edu.au
Whspa

Post by Whspa »

Can you still see the tools for the main chemwatch page when you have the mini MSDs up? If so, click on the print button and it will print the mini. At least it does for me.
Carol
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!! Yes, for some reason that works... No idea why, because what is displayed in the window with the print button is still the summary, but it printed the mini MSDS on the paper... Computers will remain a mystery forever!! I can now get on with it all. Thanks again!!