OZ LOTTO WINNERS

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
coxy
State/Location: NSW

OZ LOTTO WINNERS

Post by coxy »

Did anyone else hear that last Tuesday night OZ LOTTO winners were all apparently "LAB TECHNICIANS" ? Has anyone retired recently? Are we all still at work?
lada

Re: OZ LOTTO WINNERS

Post by lada »

Yes i heard that too. Unfortunately I am still here.
Someone at work said the winners were from Cabramatta way(west Sydney).$1.5mil EACH
Lis
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
School: Central Coast Grammar
Suburb: Erina Heights

Post by Lis »

I got the newsagent to double check mine, and it wasnt me either. :-( :-({|= :-({|=
ELIZABETH
School: O'Connor Catholic College
Suburb: Armidale

Post by ELIZABETH »

Yep, they were pathology technicians- ther'll be plenty of jobs in path lab for a while!
Liz
coxy

Post by coxy »

How exciting for them.
Apparently the other winner (approx $20million) is supposedly 23 years old; and if he invests his winnings he could live on $30,000 interest each week!!! So, he would get per week what it takes us almost a year to earn! I cannot even imagine that.
Slartibartfast
State/Location: QLD

Post by Slartibartfast »

BIG money! You can imagine the number of friends you would suddenly have. If it was me I'd keep it as quiet as humanly possible and only mention it in passing here on Chemtalk to rub it it.

$30,000 grand a week! I'd get myself a diamond encrusted solid gold lab coat and matching Christian Dior safety glasses.
Richard Hollinworth
Disease diagnosis and extension services
DPI&F
Biosecurity Sciences Laboratory
Loopy
School: Mater Dei Catholic College
Suburb: Wagga Wagga

Post by Loopy »

Hmmm... very discreet 42! I'd never guess a thing!
:wink2:
labman
State/Location: SA

Post by labman »

I admire your loyalty, Richard. If I was on $30,000 a week, I'd be so far away from my lab,(like, on an island off the coast of Vanuatu somewhere!!) I wouldn't be needing a labcoat or safety glasses, even if they were gold and flashy!!!
Don't forget to order a matching set for Brian, Christian Dior is soooo him, don't you think???
Cheers,
Lisa
Slartibartfast
State/Location: QLD

Post by Slartibartfast »

Ha! If I had that sort of money, I'd buy the school outright and make it so exclusive that no students can actually attend it. I'd be free to tend my tomatos for hours on end! I'd start up paintball games during breaks with faculty against faculty. The principal would have to take professional cooking classes and prepare an enourmous 12 course banquet for myself, Brian and the Science staff every day and I'd turn the school hall into an enourmous (and slippery) indoor go cart track. Beat that!
Richard Hollinworth
Disease diagnosis and extension services
DPI&F
Biosecurity Sciences Laboratory
coxy

Post by coxy »

Isn't it wonderful to dream? I also would keep very quiet about it. However, because I buy all the lottery, lotto and powerball tickets for the Science faculty every term (10-week special) the guys here continually worry if I don't turn up to work, especially on Mondays (after the Sat. Night lotto). Now that the $2 jackpot is over $8 million they say there will be a roster to ring me on days when I don't turn up, just checking to see if I have left the country!! Trust is a wonderful thing, too.
labman
State/Location: SA

Post by labman »

Richard,
No way I can beat that, what an imagination!! However, if you do win, I think I'll come and work for you!! All that food, and a go kart track as well, I could handle it.
I'm not likely to win the big one, because I don't buy any lotto tickets!! Someone on a tv show about investing, once said, that if you bank what you spend on lottery tickets, and invest it as it grows, you will become a millionare a lot quicker than waiting around to win lotto. I'm working on that theory, if I don't get back to you, you will know it worked!!!
Cheers,
Lisa
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

Any jobs going at your school - when you win the big one????