Professional Training/Network Day

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
coxy
State/Location: NSW

Professional Training/Network Day

Post by coxy »

I am holding a Training & Networking Day for Lab Assistants on day 1, Term 3 - July 21, 2008. Day starts at 8:30am and ends about 3pm in Port Macquarie. We are covering a variety of topics in a friendly, laid-back fashion. Topics include: Microsoft Word shortcuts; Basic First Aid presented by qualified trainer; make your own slides; cutting glass; and other topics of choice & interest. If you would like to attend, cost is $33-00 per person, and needs to be paid prior to 25th June. The cost includes tea/coffee juice on arrival, "laminated" name tags in real plastic holders; PLUS a gourmet morning tea; PLUS gourmet lunch. Please email me for Tax Invoice and further information. BUT WAIT, THERE REALLY IS MORE: All those attending receive a gift bag full of "goodies" - items donated from my personal stock suppliers, and various government departments and local businesses. We can only squeeze in a limited number, so email me if you are interested:

sue.cox2@education.nsw.gov.au
J
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: DHS

Re: Professional Training/Network Day

Post by J »

Hi Sue

I was all lined up to apply for your training day, when I received notice of one in Coffs Harbour the same day, so have decided to go there instead, as it is much closer for me. :whistling2:
How unfortunate that we are so lacking in this kind of networking and suddenly two venues become active on the same day in close proximity. :? #-o
I hope it goes well for all concerned. We can learn so much from each other, and face to face is so much more pleasant. \:D/

Julie
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

well done Coxy, a wee bit far for me. We are going to UNSW from South Western Sydney.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Post by smiley »

I'd love to come, but they might start to wonder where the school car has go to!

Cheers, K 8-)
celia1

Post by celia1 »

Hi coxy
That sounds like a goog training day, a abit far for me
Would you be interested to organise one in sydney?

Celia
CC
Job Title: Labbie
School: Goulburn High School
Suburb: Goulburn

Post by CC »

Never mind Sydney, anyone interested in organising one in the southern part of the state?
nickyw

Post by nickyw »

Hey Smiley

You can pick me up on the way and we can make it a girls (think Thelma and Louise) road trip. :cheesy:

They will never notice that the car is missing for a few days...will they?
smiley

Post by smiley »

Hey Nickyw,

The HNIC (Head Nun in Charge) notices if I'm 10 mins later than what I indicated my return time would be in the booking sheet. Except of course, when she wants to use the car. Then the car will mysteriously disappear, despite bookings being written in English, on the appropriate form!

However, it is the right time of the year for a road trip!

Cheers, K 8-)
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo

Post by rae »

Are you lot mad?? Why on earth would you want to do a road trip south. Its been miserable down here. I'm heading up to Mackay for a week with my sister to get away from the cold!!
smiley

Post by smiley »

Yes, you're right of course. I've already told my Mum I'm never moving South again. I'm living here to be warm all over at the same time with no effort required. Not to mention having 10 minute showers without guilt (we're running at 98% dam levels, on average). :wink2:

Cheers, K 8-)
nickyw

Post by nickyw »

Yes I guess I forgot how cold it gets down south as I sit here in my shorts and t-shirt with the fan on. Winter in the tropics is just the most beautiful time of year. I certainly dont miss those cold frosty mornings in N.W. NSW when it takes you half an hour to get out of bed.

By far the worst thing about living in QLD is being from NSW at state of origin time especially when qld give us a flogging.......thought twice about going to work the next day. :-({|=
coxy

Post by coxy »

Funny how we get side-tracked. Gone from training day, to weather, road-trips both north and south, people with fans, school cars, nuns in charge, and state of origin. I still love this site.
Anyhow the day is fully organised, and going ahead. We have about 22 attending, which will be great. The bags of goodies are getting fatter every couple of days, with some more (late) donations that have just come in. Lots of interesting stuff. I hope it turns out OK on the day. Am also happy to send all the organising stuff to anyone who might be interested in doing something similar.
Have a great holiday everyone!
Loopy
School: Mater Dei Catholic College
Suburb: Wagga Wagga

Post by Loopy »

Hi Coxy!
I'd be very interested to have a look at your organising stuff as I am seriously thinking of getting a group together in Wagga and would appreciate all and any ideas. :idea:
Best of luck to you and your day,
Lou. =D> =D> =D>
noona
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes

Post by noona »

Smiley
Can you come to sydney pick me up and drop me in townsville on your way back prety pleaseeeeeee
Noona
coxy

Post by coxy »

Hey Lou,
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I am happy to email any of the stuff I have on computer to you - lots of it I deleted after the Department told me I could not invite any Lab Assistants from the Catholic/private schools around the area!! But, anything I have you are more than welcome to use. Please email me and I can send it on to you.

sue.cox2@education.nsw.gov.au

By the way - yes I did have the ladies from the "other" schools and we all talked the same way, we have lots of the same problems, and all laughed together, ate the same kind of food etc. It was a great day!
Regards,
Sue
Rita

Post by Rita »

Hi All
Very curious. Are there any catholic schools networking in the Wollongong Diocese? Could I contact you some time. I am in Nowra (50 miles south of Wollongong). I have 2 govt schools and 1 anglican college within 3 miles. We help each other out whenever we can on rare occasions.
Rita