Part-time technician in North Sydney

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
Sassi
State/Location: NSW

Part-time technician in North Sydney

Post by Sassi »

Morning,

I have just been told some great news... We are getting an extra class for each 7-10, from start of next year. As I am all alone here and already struggling wih the work load a bit, the teachers have backed me up and convinced the head of science that I need some help. Now all that is left is to do is to convince the principle, :cheesy: If any of you know someone who might be interested it might help the issue. I will keep you posted on what happens, its very early days yet, but please keep your fingers crossed or i might just go crazy (ier)

Sassi :wink2:
souj
State/Location: WA

Re: Part-time technician in North Sydney

Post by souj »

How many students are in your school, Sassi? Is there some sort of student ratio for working out technician hours in NSW?
I really hope you get your extra hours or some one else to help- it makes such a huge difference [-o< [-o<
Sassi

Post by Sassi »

Well I am not actually sure how many students we have. But I know that since I started here a year ago, we went from having 4 classes in yr 7-10 to 6 classes, and now they are increasing to 7. yr11-12 have 3 classes each, but I assume that will start going up as well... This year we have also got an extra 5 new teachers (or is it 6, starting to get confusing...) I already work 40hrs a week so dont really want to do more than that, but desperatly need some help, one can only hope :)
souj
State/Location: WA

Post by souj »

It sounds as though you have roughly the same number of classes as we do. I am a full time technician, working a 37.5hr week(supposedly!) and a 41 week year. I have a lab assistant here 37.5 hrs a week and working a 40 week year. We are extremely fortunate and I am extremely grateful for the help, but I just don't know how you are managing entirely on your own- and I'm sure you are not the only one out there who is struggling under the load!
lada

Post by lada »

I agree, with that number of classes, you need at least a part time help. Those prac assessables are a killer if you are on your own.
Good luck:drunk:
lada :coffee:
Sassi

Post by Sassi »

Drunk Lada??? Should I be worried here? Lada is my lovely future mum-inlaw (and she really is lovely) for those of you who didnt know...

And I got some bad news now, principal didnt approve it :( :( :( But head teacher said she'd keep fightin for me... The work loadis a struggle, but there are times even here when I all of a sudden have nothing to do... Not this term though when we have prac exams for all of yr 7 - 12, oh well keeps me busy and the time flies!
lada

Post by lada »

Sorry Sassi, :unsure:
I was being creative and wanted to add the celebration smilies with bottles :drunk:
But it did not work as you noticed :w00t:
lets try again
lada :coffee: