CSIS Inventory

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
Whspa
State/Location: NSW

CSIS Inventory

Post by Whspa »

Does anyone use APPENDC1 and APPENDC2 from the old CSIS CD?
I have the files on the hard drive and can enter APPENDC2 to create the storage areas etc, but when I go into APPENDC1 to produce a consolidated list of of hazardous substances and dangerous goods, the program falls over.
I get a macro error message: [APPENDC1.XLS]macro1!A40.
Is my program corrupted, or has it lapsed since the CSIS CD is no longer valid?
juliem

Post by juliem »

Hi Wspa
check with your IT person but if it's still a pblem i have a few discs or could send copy of the files
regards juliem
Whspa

CSIS Inventory

Post by Whspa »

Thanks juliem.
Do you use these files for your inventory?
Regards
Carol
juliem

Post by juliem »

Hi Wspa
sorry i have not responded to your query
Yes i do use these for the inventory here at school i follow the guide in the CSIS book i did write a simplified instruction booklet when i was at Westfield Sports HS about 4/5yrs ago just making numerous copies of CStore1 for each of the chem storage locations
then i pruned the final inventory with the sort facility and then copied and pasted into an excel file to reduce printing of so many useless sheets
Do you need the files or the disc
regards juliem
juliem

Post by juliem »

Hi Wspa
sorry i have not responded to your query
Yes i do use these for the inventory here at school i follow the guide in the CSIS book i did write a simplified instruction booklet when i was at Westfield Sports HS about 4/5yrs ago just making numerous copies of CStore1 for each of the chem storage locations
then i pruned the final inventory with the sort facility and then copied and pasted into an excel file to reduce printing of so many useless sheets
Do you need the files or the disc
regards juliem
Whspa

CSIS Inventory

Post by Whspa »

Hi Juliem,
Thanks for that, and yes I do need the files. Can you send them to me please?
Maybe you can send them via email?
[carol.howes@education.nsw.gov.au]
Thanks
Carol
juliem

Post by juliem »

Hi Wspa
look out for an email if it works as we have just switched over and it is so restrictive ***
regards juliem
Ocean Breeze
Job Title: Lab Manager

Post by Ocean Breeze »

jUSt wondering if you also have access to Chemwatch?
Many of us have swopped to this system over the last few yrs.R-S
juliem

Post by juliem »

Hi Barbera
yes we have acess to Chemwatch but do not have adequate access for the inventory and i have little change to the stock and find that as I have created a set of secondary excel files with just those chemicals onsite( after doing a sort, copy and paste from the CStores1 file and checking chemwatch)
science , school and the chem audit were satisfied with the paper work for the inventory
Re - inventory we passed with out the difficulties that others seem to have
the inventory was on the network, the c-drive, in print out in a folder with a set of school building identifying store location, a printout set for emergency evacuation and a copy for each faculty with a storage site ( excluding fly sray, cockroach baits and houshold detergents etc found in staffrooms)
regards juliem