Spot of Gardening

for anything else that doesn't fit.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

Re: Spot of Gardening

Post by RosalieM »

Can't say I've ever been asked for sea stars! You sound like your job covers a variety of tasks. We did heart/lungs today - such fun! It's a shame it's not garbage day until next Tuesday though... I guess they will be filling up my freezer!
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Post by smiley »

Rosalie, the laugh of the day goes to a teacher who inserted a piece of tubing into pig lungs, inflated them, and FORGOT to take her mouth off the tubing!! 8O :yuck:

Cheers, K 8-)
kimm

Post by kimm »

My stomach is rolling at present - teachers doing beef lungs as well - but 1st year (boy) teacher had deprosted /frozen/defrosted/ frozen same specimen (wouldn't listen to my advice)- them lungs had a lovely green tinge with a beautiful aroma, AND he blew them up. YETTCCHHH. Stank all the way into my prep room.
As i am sitting here trying to recover from that - having a quite lunch - biology teacher from other room comes in to discuss STD's - what has sores and what weeps. ENOUGH already. I must be getting soft. :cry2:
smiley

Post by smiley »

At least they are teaching them about STD's. For a while there kids knew everything about AIDS and nothing about any other STD. Now we just have kids who've had their HPV vaccination telling me that now they don't need to have pap smears. I made sure the Bio teachers included that topic in their next lesson!

Cheers, K 8-)