Chem Watch or Chem Alert

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
Sam
State/Location: NT

Chem Watch or Chem Alert

Post by Sam »

Hi

I have been looking into the stock controll computer programs that we have in the school and found a program called "Laboratory Stock Controller V1.0B" it is rather old. Does anyone know anything about this program or were to find info on it?

Or if an upgrade would be better. I have heared people talking about Chem-Watch and Chem-alert.

i have never worked with these programs and i was wondering what it does?

What the addvantages and dissadvantages to having a program such as this set up in the school does?

Please help i am very new to the high school lab thing and would really appresiate help in this area.

Thanks Sam :?
juliem
State/Location: NSW

Post by juliem »

Hi Sam
I have included the web addres this is linked to the DET in NSW, so i am not sure of your access - but if you can then have a browse at what Chemwatch is
http://chemwatchdb.det.nsw.edu.au/
regards juliem
Sam

Post by Sam »

It will not let me get onto the site, something about the server.

Thats oK, i will just keep my inventory on an excel worksheet. That should be enough for the girl in the office. (I think :? )

The hard bit now is to find the time to count everything.

From Sam
juliem

Post by juliem »

Hi Sam
I could email you a copy of the Appendix 1 & 2 that were files from NSW original CD for the Chemwatch program it is what i still use for the inventory it has a list of approx 1400 chems, room for extras,excel format and then you can tailor it to your own layout
regards juliem
Sam

Post by Sam »

That would be great. i will send you my email through the private messages.

Ta! Sam
juliem

Post by juliem »

Hi Sam
my school email address is
julie.a.marshall@education.nsw.gov.au
the private message didn't arrive
regards juliem