schools inspection question

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
Ocean Breeze
Job Title: Lab Manager
State/Location: NSW

schools inspection question

Post by Ocean Breeze »

I have heard a few people say that when the Schools Inspection for Registration & Certification people come that they look in cupboards in the school.
Anyone shed some light on this? And if this IS the case, what would they be looking for?
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Re: schools inspection question

Post by Labbie »

Yes I believe they are checking to see if your class 3 class 8 etc are stored correctly. Each class must be stored differently or seperate from each other. I believe the reason for opening cupboards is to make sure, you have gone through all your bottles and chemcials, and no awful looking thingo's are left behind.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Ocean Breeze

Post by Ocean Breeze »

Can you please define awful looking thingo's ?
:?
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Un labeled bottles, no coloured dots on chemcials, sometimes NO label. One chap said he had found some very silly things, beer bottles, although empty in a prep room, but the beer bottles still had the beer labels on. Mercury in a measuring cylinder, he said you really only guessed it was Mercury. One school had a too hard cupboard, and their was so many bottles all unmarked, the lady left in tears. The bottles were half full on Awful looking thingos Some had even gone to crystal.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
louie

Post by louie »

Hi Barb, yes they went through my cupboards when they were here last year. Just checking as the others have described. No problems at all.... but I had your original system to follow on from, cheers Sue :grin:
Ocean Breeze

Post by Ocean Breeze »

Ok thanks for that :-)
Thats ok then

You know how the 'urban myth' develops when inspection looms! Like... make sure you are wearing clean underwear etc....:cheesy: