and any other non-chem subjects.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

Lifecycles

Post by RosalieM »

Hello Chemtalkers!
I was just wondering if anyone has any brilliant ideas for a lifecycle topic in the junior school (Stage 2 - years 3 and 4). They've asked if we have any tadpoles/frogs or catarpillars/butterflies (which we don't) or something else that will help make their unit more exciting. I can't even find any posters in our poster supply! I guess it's because life cycles aren't really covered in high school. Anyway, I was just wondering if any of you know of something I can come up with for next week. (They actually asked me about it a few weeks ago but I've been busy and hoped we had some posters or something...).
Thanks,
Rosalie :)
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Re: Lifecycles

Post by smiley »

Rosalie,

My good friends at Scholastic had (last year) a wonderful frog life cycle set, which has little plastic froggies, from a tadpole to a fully formed frog, with all the stages in between. Wonderful for tactile learners. Very recently, I bought some terrific posters, which are actually Primary School posters (but the info is still relevant). The company that makes the posters is TREND enterprises inc, and I got the posters from a local educational supplies company up here, for only $7.00 each. A bonus is that on the back of each poster are some blackline masters. Some will be too hard for littlies, but the life cycle posters had a cut & paste exercise and a word find on the back. :thumbup:

Hope that's helpful.
Cheers, K 8-)