Valium is good... :lol:
rosiegbh
Job Title: SAO/Lab Assistant
School: Wyndham College
Suburb: Quakers Hill
State/Location: NSW

Re: HOLIDAYS

Post by rosiegbh »

Must be the age for overseas trips. My 14 yr old is also overseas for three weeks. He left last Friday with a school duke of ed excursion to USA. Hiking through the grand canyon etc. I know how you feel. Valium does sound good why didn't I think of that before he left. :cry2:

I was ok until he rang and left a message he had lost his wallet with $600 US but then I got a text next day that he had found it. Money still intact. :D

Ah the joys of motherhood.

Rosemary
presto2
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: Gorokan High School
Suburb: Lakehaven

Post by presto2 »

Hi Everyone
have a great holiday see you next term.
I am just veging out and going for coffee for the holidays.
Mary \:D/
Lis
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
School: Central Coast Grammar
Suburb: Erina Heights

Post by Lis »

Happy holidays, everyone, Im having a quiet one too Mary, and soooo looking forward to it. Xenon and Rosemary, I hope your kids have a wonderful time and have memories to last a lifetime.
Take care, chat next term
Lisa :coffee: \:D/
RosalieM
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

Hi All!
Well, here we are back again... Did your holidays all live up to your expectations? I had a great break but it didn't go at all according to plan... mainly because I finally (about 18 months after initially submitting my application) was accepted as a retained firefighter with the NSW Fire Brigades during the first week of the break. It all happened very quickly in the end, and I was sent off on a 4 day training course in the second week. I just got back yesterday (Sunday) afternoon. I had been planning to spend those 4 days at the coast, but that trip will have to wait till Christmas now! My long weekend was spent making several trips to the fire station to learn about the bookwork etc that goes with a callout (we had plenty of calls and obviously we can't attend the actual incidents without the training and uniforms). Anyway, that's my exciting news, so now I'll get back to the lab. I've had a very productive morning, clearing off 2 benchtops and a trolley but I still have a lot more to go! Things were pretty busy around here at the end of last term... I can't believe this is now term 4 - where has the year gone???
Rosalie
estelle
Job Title: VIP
School: Wollumbin High
Suburb: Murwillumbah

Post by estelle »

Hi
I finished my holidays off with a 100Klm from Brisbane to the Gold Coast bike ride along with 7500 other riders to raise money for the heart and diabetes foundation. So far $43,000 has been raised.
It took me 4 hours and I am glad that I have been riding 18 Ks to work a couple of times a week and getting used to hills before the event or I would have been walking up them like a lot of others.
I totally admire the guy in the specially built bike that only used his arms for pedal power, and the family of four who had a bike built for the whole family and to the group of riders that used those scooter boards, at least I got to sit down. Except afte four hours on a push bike I was getting rather saddle sore but I feel great.
It is national ride to work day on Wednesday so I hope everybody has the chance to get the pushy out.
Welcome back
Estelle
RosalieM
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

I think my pushbike was stolen in the holidays... It's not the sort of item you just 'misplace'. I'd like to ride to work on Wednesday though!
noona
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes

Post by noona »

I am with you my bike went missing so I had to go to the beach the things we do I think we all need a holiday HAHAHAHAHA
Noona
Xenon
Job Title: Rocket Scientist
School: Arndell Anglican College
Suburb: Oakville

Post by Xenon »

Daughter back in one piece @ 10pm last night, and she didn't leave her stuff strewn all over the English countryside (well, just her diary); mother has stopped fretting. :thumbup:
Xe, SD, KOPR
rosiegbh
Job Title: SAO/Lab Assistant
School: Wyndham College
Suburb: Quakers Hill

Post by rosiegbh »

Glad to hear you all had a good break. How fit are some? Fire fighting and bike riding! Great community effort though.
I spent the last two days of my holiday travelling to the airport and back. My daughter arrived back from the US after 1 year working as and Au Pair(nanny) in Washington and my son survived the Grand Canyon and Disneyland all in one piece. Plus Qantas flight had no computer probs.

Happy their home :D Rosemary