Kathryn
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: Cedars Christian College
Suburb: Farmborough Hts, Wollongong
State/Location: NSW

Re: permanent hair slides

Post by Kathryn »

Thanks Sassi

The only thing I don't have is lactic acid. Do you know if that is something I could pick up locally from maybe a health food store? we have done our last ordering for the year from the chemical supplier.

kathryn :)
souj
State/Location: WA

Post by souj »

Hi Sassi,
Does the grey and wess mountant dry so that any excess can be trimmed with a scalpel and peeled off the slide - like you can do with DPX? I made some up- love the resulting product \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ but was wondering how well my slides will tidy up. It has been many years since my slide making days and my technique needs tidying up somewhat :whistling2:
Thanks so much for sharing the recipe =D> :thumbup: Going off to practise some more...
Jodie
estelle
Job Title: VIP
School: Wollumbin High
Suburb: Murwillumbah

Post by estelle »

Just wondering where I might be able to obtain dry polyvinyl alcohol and lactic acid from.
Is dry polyvinyl alcohol the base for PVA? and if so could normal PVA replace the Dry PA in the recipe.

Estelle
Kathryn

Post by Kathryn »

Hi
I have made up the Grey and Weiss mountant twice now, but the stuff refuses to dry on the slides. Can anyone give me some advice as to what I might be doing wrong? I heated it for well over the 10mins and the slides have been sitting on the bench for ages (the first lot several months) but they are all still sticky. :-(
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks
Kathryn
souj
State/Location: WA

Post by souj »

The slides I made way back when with this mountant didn't dry properly either. Interested to hear what others have to say...!
Kathryn

Post by Kathryn »

Well it makes me feel not quite so silly to know I am not the only one who has had problems. Can anyone help us please??? :-o
kathryn