microscopes

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home
State/Location: NSW

microscopes

Post by Labbie »

We have jnr & Senior microscopes, plus some stero ones. Our senior ones are very old and heavy. think they came with the school back in 1961. We are looking at purchasing some new ones. I would like some thing easy to clean. ( I have just finished spring cleaning all our microscopes) not to many bits for the students to lose, and play with. The olds we have are from D of E NSW, so many years old. I look forward to hearing from you all.

Thank you
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Re: microscopes

Post by RosalieM »

Hi Labbie,
If you do a search you will probably come up with a million answers. We got some a few years ago from AIS (Australian Instrument Suppliers?? Not sure...) but they have a Buy 2 get one free deal all the time. We got 21 for the price of 14. I thought that was a pretty good deal. They were slightly more expensive for one microscope than other places but then when you averaged it out with the freebies thrown in it was quite a bit cheaper. We haven't had any problems with the microscopes that I know of.
Rosalie
rosaliemb
State/Location: NT

Post by rosaliemb »

Recomended by a supplier for South Australian Schools for senior use is AIS-M2L,$425. (10x WF eyepiece, 4x, 10x,40x objective, condenser, built in illuminator) They handle well. For junior students it is AIS BP-20 ,$225. We recently bought these for Yr 7 and I really liked them.
Therefore Australian Instrument Services microscope are recomended by me.
Rosalie (another one) :D
tigger
Job Title: Lab tech
State/Location: ACT

Post by tigger »

Hi Labbie,

We purchased some microscopes 18 months ago from AIS. They were also from the buy 2 get 1 free offer. They seem to offer this about twice a year. We purchased stereo and monocular microscopes from them. They have been absolutely fantastic. They are not too heavy and bulky. I too have just finished "spring cleaning" my microscopes and found them very easy to clean (which is always a bonus :thumbup: ) If you contact them I am sure that they would come and show you some samples - they seemed very happy to do this when we contacted them.
Hope this was helpful. :D
Tigger
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

I can HIGHLY recommend The Logical Interface- Phil Jones.{TLI}

We bought 40 junior microscopes from him a year ago.. when we were looking for them I emailed him what we were looking for, and he sent one up for us to try out.. there were a few things that my HOD would have liked different, so we sent it back with a note what the HOD wanted extra. We now are very very happy with what he came up with. They have an inbuilt LED light, the intensity of the light can be adjusted. They are also both battery and mains power operated, so we take them outside and on excursion with the batteries installed.. they are inexpensive robust versatile .. and..well I love them and so do the teachers.. ALSO TLI have an inexpensive digital camera that fits this model - so for less than the price of a medium cost senior microscope you acn get both.. give them a try ...
Rita

Post by Rita »

What senior microscopes do you recommend? We have monocular but HOD looking for binocular?
Has anyone purchased senior microscopes from Edu Supplies?

How about from Serrata...Binocular Senior $398?

Rita
J
School: DHS

Post by J »

We are looking for a digital microscope to connect to the whiteboard via USB. Any Recommendations?
Only a couple of days left to spend the last of our money for this year!! :D :D
J
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo

Post by rae »

We bought one from AIS if you google them you will find it. It was about $1200.
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

Contact Phil Jones of 'The Logical Interface'.. he is great and is right on top of knowledge in smart boards etc
J
School: DHS

Post by J »

Thanks I'll check these out. The last of the money is dwindling fast!! :cry2: :cry2:
J
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Post by smiley »

We got a MOTIC DM180 from AIS, and our seniors use it for their Biology EEI's. Wish I had 5!
Cheers, K 8-)
lab-woman

binocular microscopes

Post by lab-woman »

Hi everyone,

We are looking to buy some new binocular microscopes. Any of you bought any lately that you can highly recommend? If so, what type, where from and most importantly, how much?

Thanks so much.
RosalieM
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

Westlab recently had some on sale. We are still awaiting their arrival so I can't comment on the quality. Check out their website and see if they are still on sale.
linotas
State/Location: TAS

Post by linotas »

We are swapping all of our (sorry to say Rosalie) crappy orange WLMGM04 from Westlab to the Motic BA80. I got them from AIS who have a buy 2 get one free. So for about $700 I got three microscopes.
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Post by smiley »

Gotta say - still love AIS's Motics. :thumbup:
Cheers, K 8-)