Laboratory Stock Control Programme

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
Teresa
State/Location: WA

Laboratory Stock Control Programme

Post by Teresa »

Hi All,

What do you use for a stock control programme? Currently I use Excel for my inventory, however I am not entirely happy with this as it is very cumbersome.

I recently received a flyer from Omega Scientific with a programme that looks like it is an Access programme. It has several data areas including Stock Inventory; Suppliers; Categories; Locations; Reports; Safety Sheets & Purchase orders.

Has anyone used this programme?
If so how have you found it?

If not what programme do others use and can you recommend any?

Many Thanks
Teresa
Robb
State/Location: NSW

Laboratory Inventories and stock control

Post by Robb »

Hi Teresa,

I am currently using a program called ChemUltra 2006, this is an advanced Chemistry program built mostly for Industry Based Scientific Use.

I have the pleasure of having the program due to my Industrial Background of where I have come from before coming to the school system.

This is quite a comprehensive system and consists of programs such as Chemdraw, ChemOffice ChemInventory (The Stock Program I use) and Chem 3D, Chem E-Notebook Bioassay. This program as you can see is a treat.

I have seen the brochures regarding the stock control program and I think this would be a comprehensive program and I would recommend it but you must feel comfortable with having the program onboard and having to update the inventory when stocks change.
I was looking at this on Monday when I first saw it. If I never had the ChemUltra package I would have seriously thought about it.

I hope this has been enlightening and helpful for you,

Cheers,

Robb.......
Dr Robert Crosdale. MRACI. NSS. NSSA. NASA.
Ph.D (Chem), Post Grad Ph.D (Physics), M.Ed, B.Sc (Hons), Dip. Appl. Sc. (Chem)
Lake Munmorah High School.
University of New England.
University of New South Wales.
University of Newcastle.

To understand the Universe from our perspective, we need to look towards our own backyard first for answers.

** AD ASTRA PER ASPERA - SEMPER EXPLORO **
Renee
State/Location: SA

stock control

Post by Renee »

Hi Teresa,

I've seen the omega stock control in a demonstration and have now ordered one for the school. It seems to be simple enough to use and adequate for a school.

renee
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Hi Renee

I too have received the brochure and will be ordering one next year so would love to know how it goes when you get yours.

Cheers
Nik
Alice

Laboratory Stock Control Program

Post by Alice »

Hi Teresa

I have bought the Omega Scientific Lab Stock Control program and think it is very good. It is very user friendly and covers all areas we require. We also have put the program on our network, so that both science blocks can have access.

You are welcome to come and have a look, any time after the 4th December. We will at the 3 day PD at North Lake next week.

Alice
Teresa

Laboratory Stock Control Program

Post by Teresa »

Hi Alice,
Thank you for your feedback.
I did purchase it as well. My IT person had to install it as I don't have administrator privileges and I am about to embark on it!
Thanks for the offer to have a look at yours! It would be nice to catch up!
Great to hear from you
Regards
Teresa