Chemwatch MSDS

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
Ocker
Job Title: Lab attendant
State/Location: NSW

Chemwatch MSDS

Post by Ocker »

Ateacher asked for MSDS so I thought I would give him latest!
Opened CW Hydrochloric 18 pages tried mini Msds 1 page summary is there something inbetween I can't locate it
Anastasia

Post by Anastasia »

I use the mini version of the MSDS and print them off for inclusion with the chemicals supplied to the classes so that the teacher can read through them and alert the students to the hazards.
Robb

Lengthly MSDS from Chemwatch

Post by Robb »

Hi Ocker,

I have left a private message for you regarding the MSDS that we get from Chemwatch.

Most of which can be quite lengthy.

Cheers,

Robb..........
Dr Robert Crosdale. MRACI. NSS. NSSA. NASA.
Ph.D (Chem), Post Grad Ph.D (Physics), M.Ed, B.Sc (Hons), Dip. Appl. Sc. (Chem)
Lake Munmorah High School.
University of New England.
University of New South Wales.
University of Newcastle.

To understand the Universe from our perspective, we need to look towards our own backyard first for answers.

** AD ASTRA PER ASPERA - SEMPER EXPLORO **
KimFenley

Post by KimFenley »

Hi

After doing a search in ChemGold (Advance Mode) you are presented with the result page and on the lefthand side you will see Mini MSDS, Summary, and MSDS. Each one gives you greater detail information.

I have printed the Mini MSDS's and placed them into two folder so that in times of emergancy there is a folder in the main office or the Lab for the Emergancy Services to have. Or the Lab folder just for class use also. You can do the bulk print by checking all that you require under the Heirarchy page

Its a pitty that we can't paste web pages in this area as it would greatly help.

Kim
Ocker
Job Title: Lab attendant

Post by Ocker »

The teacher wanted to go through MSDS'S with Kids
Was put off by 18 pages but thought 1 page was too skimpy
both mini and summary only 1 page.
Hey rorr tried your suppliers site but could not access MSDS ended up chasing round in circles
Thanks Anyway
KimFenley

Post by KimFenley »

Hi again

In regard to MSDS's from Suppliers, almost all of them supply the full MSDS, as they are mandated to supply all information. I prefer the full, but its a bit much for Teacher's and Students.

The one pager seems to satisfy most of their needs, but not mine.

Kim
mrsd
Job Title: Lab. Assistant -Relieving
School: Broken Hill High
Suburb: Broken Hill

Re: Chemwatch MSDS

Post by mrsd »

After the conference, my understanding is that I need a copy in my prep room and a mini copy in the front office, discussed this with my relieving HT and the HT who is at district office and they said quote "the chemical safety data sheets for teaching laboratories (by c j watt) is all we need. :oops: Help [-o<
Linda
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

That interesting, mind you things change almost over night.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
nickykinz
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: St Augustine's College
Suburb: Augustine Heights
State/Location: QLD

Post by nickykinz »

I always thought it was the other way around, mini in the prep room and full at the office. I thought the idea was you needed a copy of the full somewhere central where it could be easily located by emergency services etc. and we had the mini's to use to alert to hazards and give first aid info.
When you print the MSDS off (the full one) there is a choice of how detailed you want it. Once the MSDS appears click on "Options" (in the middle at the top) and you can choose short or long and change tick boxes depending on what you want in it.
Nicky
;)
St Augustine's College
Augustine Heights, QLD 4300
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Hi Nicky, is that also were the GHS is??????????
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

I decided to do the "over-kill" option.
There is a copy of the MSDS for every chemical in Science in the Principal's office. the Administration office all 4 prep rooms...
lots of paper - I know - but it covers all bases.
AnnNos
Job Title: Science Assistant

Post by AnnNos »

Under the CSIS program the School has to have full copies of the MDSD for every hazardous and dangerous chemical on site. All others only need the mini version. If I order something - product or chemical- and the full MSDS or SDS comes it goes into the school copies (2 - 1 in the sign-on room and 1 in the Library) and into the faculty copy. If I don't get one from the supplier I only print out the mini data sheet if the item is not hazardous or dangerous. Each area within the school that has a commercial product eg flyspray, detergent etc or a chamical must have at least a mini data sheet stored with the items.