Where do you store your iodine?

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
linotas
State/Location: TAS

Where do you store your iodine?

Post by linotas »

I've finally got my manifests up to date on chemwatch (Yah for me) However, given my storage constraints, I cannot find an appropriate space for Iodine that does not come up as incompatible. So any ideas?

I have corrosive, flammable and oxidising cabinets
a "toxic" cupboard
a "general" storage cupboard.

Currently it is in the "general" store but is showing a couple of segregation and flammability incompatibilities.

All suggestions appreciated.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home
State/Location: NSW

Re: Where do you store your iodine?

Post by Labbie »

My solid is stored in a larger jar in with the Corrosives, Also my solutions are also stored A-Z in the corrosives cupboard. :crazy:
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
mtg
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: NDSC
Suburb: west gippsland
State/Location: VIC

Post by mtg »

Interesting problem. I store mine in the original jar- taped with insulation tape, in another screw topped jar also taped, and it still leeches out and stains the tape and lid. I store it in the toxic cupboard. My MSDS prioritises toxic. But personal experience(dropped a crystal down my sock) showed after about 20minutes burns in quite an extreme manner! mtg
lurra
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes
State/Location: NSW

Post by lurra »

I have mine the same as mtg but all on it's own
Lurra AKA Noona
Rosalie Cassar
Lab Tech
Greystanes H S

ROSALIE.CASSAR@det.nsw.edu.au
rosaliemb
State/Location: NT

Post by rosaliemb »

My Iodine is in corrossive cabinet. And yes, labels in that cabinet sometimes "go brown", so i will take the hint and double enclose it. (This also tells me why I have the label disintegration problem in this cupboard unless there other causes) Solutions for class use are in the clear plastic applicator dropper bottles which are now brown and labelled with a white permanent texta (or whiteout would do i suppose). They are kept on the open shelves of class sets.
Rosalie (another one) :D