Training course on offer

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

Training course on offer

Post by RosalieM »

Second attempt:
I received a letter today with info about a training course being run through Armidale TAFE which may be of interest to some of you. I've scanned it and will have another go at attaching it!

Rosalie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RosalieM
Suburb: Tamworth

Re: Training course on offer

Post by RosalieM »

Just a thought - perhaps if you are interested but know you can't make it to Armidale for the 6 practical sessions, it might still be worth putting in your 'expression of interest' and then they will realise "maybe we need to make this course available in more locations". Maybe not, but it can't hurt to try!
mrsd
Job Title: Lab. Assistant -Relieving
School: Broken Hill High
Suburb: Broken Hill

Post by mrsd »

rosalieM, will do just a bit far to travel from Broken Hill. am interested am working in term 1 and half of term 2 in 2012 now :)
Linda
J
School: DHS

Post by J »

Some of us in this area (I'm kind of in the middle, between Coffs Harbour and Armidale, so not too far away) are doing this TAFE course. People travel a lot further than I do to do the weekend workshops.
At first I struggled with some of the science that is not totally applicable to schoolies, as I have no science background at all, but I have learnt a lot and overall I find it to be worthwhile. There are labbies there from CSIRO and other industry labs such as grain research and pathology, so next year there will be electives depending on our different needs.
From time to time I wonder what I could have been thinking when I signed up for this, as it takes away some of my leisure time, when I could be enjoying being a grandmother :wub: :wub: , and sometimes severely stretches my brain cells beyond recognition :crazy: , but I think I'm glad to be doing it.
It will be good to have a certificate that says I can do what I've been doing for 15 years now!! :giggle: :giggle:
trish armstrong
Job Title: lab Assistant SAO
School: Taree High School
Suburb: Taree

Post by trish armstrong »

I have enrolled to start this course starting next week, I was wondering if anyone else is doing it too?? :D
And could those who have already done this (J from Dorrigo) could give some advise on electives. eg, what worked well for school Lab Tech's???
Thanks Trish \:D/ :clap3:
J
School: DHS

Post by J »

Hi Trish
Sorry to keep you waiting but have been in holiday mode and only came crashing back to reality today.
I have answered your pm just now.
Hope to see you in Armidale some time.
J
carolynl

Post by carolynl »

Yes Im thinking of doing it too, just waiting for more information.