Chemical Storage

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

Chemical Storage

Post by RosalieM »

I had someone ask me about chemical storage so I did a bit of a search online and found these 3 helpful documents. Thought I would share them with you all as you will probably find them useful too!

Rosalie
Dangerous_goods.pdf
Storage compatibility table.pdf
Storage of Chemicals.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lesnsw

Re: Chemical Storage

Post by lesnsw »

Does anyone know where to source the elusive chemical storage trays that are referred to in CSIS? Serrata don't stock them, Livingstone don't seem to know if theirs are chemical safe. :-(
Lesley
linotas
State/Location: TAS

Post by linotas »

Gratnell tubs are chemical safe. We got ours from Westlab.
lesnsw

Post by lesnsw »

Thankyou sooo much. I shall give them a try.
Lesley
Krysia Lee
Job Title: Labbie
School: Brigidine College
Suburb: St Ives

Post by Krysia Lee »

Hi Everyone
I've been asked to sort out the chemicals stored at art department. They don't really have alot of stuff that is not classified as non hazardous but there are many spray cans of fixative and spray adhesive. There are also small quantities of flammable liquids like some solvents. At present they are all stored in cupboards in the classrooms and have been since the dawn of time. My question is should they be stored in a flammables cupboard or are they okay where they are? They are in the same cupboards as the paints and other stuff.
What do you think?
Krysia.
shaz.H
Job Title: jack of all trades
School: Thomas Hassall Anglican Coleege
Suburb: Middleton Grange

Post by shaz.H »

Hello,
We recently purchased a flammable cabinet for our Art department and now all of the Fixative and adhesive sprays are kept in there along with any other flammables in Art.Better to be safe than sorry.
shaz
superbug

Post by superbug »

Hi There,

I use the incompatibility feature on chemwatch gold 3.

I have my chemicals in the manifest and then do the incompatibility feature and it basically tells you what chemicals need to be removed in order to be safe.
I hope that helps. sometimes those charts are impossible to work out (for me anyway).

Thanks Superbug :clap3: