DATA LOGGERS

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
labperson
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: Cabramatta High School
Suburb: Cabramatta
State/Location: NSW

DATA LOGGERS

Post by labperson »

Just putting this out there to see if there is any interest. We are currently in the process of purchasing new data loggers and my head teacher has asked me to write a post on this forum to see if any school was interested in purchasing old loggers and sensors.

We currently have 9 Texas Instruments TI- plus data loggers including all senors,resource CD and manuals

thanks
LLP

Re: DATA LOGGERS

Post by LLP »

Hi Sue

Just wondering what data loggers you were going to buy - we also have the TI ones and they are NOT user friendly at all - we are looking for something simpler to use and obvioulsy not going to cost too much.

Terry
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

Terry - Good luck with them not costing too much! Do a search here for data loggers and you will find lots of pros and cons for a variety of ones on the market.

Sue - Did you end up finding someone to buy the ones you were trying to sell?
DavidPeterson
Job Title: STEM Resource & Lab Manager
School: Murray Bridge High School
Suburb: Murray Bridge
State/Location: SA

Post by DavidPeterson »

LLP wrote:Hi Sue

Just wondering what data loggers you were going to buy - we also have the TI ones and they are NOT user friendly at all - we are looking for something simpler to use and obvioulsy not going to cost too much.

Terry
We used to have TI, but didn't have many probes etc.

Now we have Vernier units. I love them, but I'm sure that there are benefits with other units. My new physics teacher thinks they are great - especially the LoggerPro software and the motion analysis it enables students to do.

Next week we are off to a local camp area that has a 'giant' swing. You get harnessed in and then pulled to the top of the arc where you pull on the release. You become a human pendulum. I'm going to video the students (and afore mention adventurous physics teacher). We'll use the video to analyse pendulum motion etc.
DCP 8-)
STEM Resource @ Laboratory Manager
RPAS (Drone) Pilot
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Would like to bump this up, due to the fact we are looking at getting new data loggers, and I would love to hear from you. Which are good and easy to use? Please
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
bigmack
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: FCAC
State/Location: QLD

Post by bigmack »

We've got the Data harvest Easysense Vision type
We had one for a few years and just got another and waiting on a new set of sensors .
teachers seem to like them . They are reasonably intuitive to use but a little quirky .

Teachers love that it plugs into smart board via VGA .....plug a wireless mouse into it and the kids can drive it from thier seat
Loopy
School: Mater Dei Catholic College
Suburb: Wagga Wagga

Post by Loopy »

We use Vernier too. Only problems so far is operator error.

Scientrific representative is happy to come and teach use of or demo product.
Lou P.
Learner Lab Technician
Wagga Wagga
NSW