CSIS online training

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
J
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: DHS
State/Location: NSW

CSIS online training

Post by J »

Can anyone in a DEC school point me to where I can find the CSIS online training module?
The prinicpal asked me about it yesterday and I just had to look blankly and admit I didn't know about it. :whistling2: :oops: #-o
mrsd
Job Title: Lab. Assistant -Relieving
School: Broken Hill High
Suburb: Broken Hill

Re: CSIS online training

Post by mrsd »

Linda
J

Post by J »

Thank you mrsd. I was aware of this, but the Principal led me to believe there was some online mandatory thing kind of like the Emergency Care thing that we have to do every couple years. Are we barking up the wrong tree?
mrsd

Post by mrsd »

not that I'm aware off, if there is please let me know.
Linda
J

Post by J »

Ok it's looking like the link you sent me is what he was talking about, but he's new to the job and hasn't come across it before. We are still trying to clarify, but I expect that's what we'll find out.
Thanks again
J
AnnNos
Job Title: Science Assistant

Post by AnnNos »

The link is the training for CSIS. At our school we had two staff members do the training then act as trainers for the whole school. In the past, this only had to be done once, then upgraded when there were changes to the OHS legislation. However, with the new WHS (Work, Health & Safety) the training has to be done every 5 years (as a refresher).
J

Post by J »

Ok thanks for that info. I've never done it. I think my HT may have done it quite some time ago. None of us were aware that it was mandatory. BLAST!! - yet another box we have to tick!! :redcard: :redcard:
mrsd

Post by mrsd »

I've been doing it but don't have anyone as a trainer, don't see the point at the moment as a relieving lab assistant
Linda
AnnNos
Job Title: Science Assistant

Post by AnnNos »

It's mandatory for everyone of school grounds, not just teachers. SASS, SLSOs, GA, FA, canteen supervisors, Councillors, everyone who is on the school grounds. We do Pract teachers and Interns as they do their classes here. Our CSIS register has 278 names since we started doing the training in 2000.