chemical labels

job vacancies / employment wanted
Terry
State/Location: NSW

chemical labels

Post by Terry »

Need to print new chemical labels. Lost supply of labels in school flood. Having trouble accessing chemwatch labelling system can anybody help.
Thanks Terry
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Post by lizzieb »

Hi, Terry,

This is something I've been working on this term, too.

With advice from another local Lab Tech (thanks, Wendy), I've done up my own on Publisher, which match the ones I used to print off the old Chemwatch.

We all seem to do these slightly differently, but I've emailed them to you - hope they give you some ideas!

Liz
Terry

chemical labels

Post by Terry »

Thanks Liz just waht I wanted.

Cheers Terry
MichPull
State/Location: QLD

Return to Chemwatch disks

Post by MichPull »

Hello,

Chemwatch on the internet does not so lables and is so user inflexable :mad: I returned to the CD version of the program.
:-)

Does all the lables as it always has done.

Chemwatch on the internet was a lesson in the principle that just because something is new does not make it better. :!:

Regards
Michelle
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Labels

Post by Labbie »

Hi,

I went onto Chemwatch this morning, it does do labels. You may need to copy them on to word, and edit it around.

I have a master copy of all our labels, I have found this easy to use. Once I had all the labels we needed. I do a copy from the large file I keep. And never use the Master copy. When we were first trained in Chemwatch, we were told to do this.

Hope this may help you.
Regards
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
cactus155
Job Title: Laboratory Guru
School: Claremont College
Suburb: Claremont
State/Location: TAS

Chem Labels

Post by cactus155 »

I use ChemGold II (ChemWatchi on the Net) and then save and edit the labels using Word. Its pretty time consuming but it has to be done, they are working on a new version of ChemGold but I don't know if its going to be much better or worse, will wait and see
Robbie

chemical labels

Post by Robbie »

Greetings all!

I too find Chemwatch on the internet unbearably inflexible. When I try to use the CD I get as far as it telling me it is out-of-date. Also not exactly helpful. When I was doing the Chemical Register last year the fact that I had never used macros before made the whole job a nightmare. Oh, for something user friendly.

Somehow, I managed to copy labels into Publisher and made up my own template and it now works well - for me at least.

Pommy - where did you manage to get training in Chemwatch??

Anyhow, have a great day all!!

Robbie

PS Anyone planning to walk over Sydney's Harbour Bridge on Sunday?
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo

Chemical Labels

Post by rae »

Hi
Just wondering why you edit the labels?
Also it must have been hugely time consuming to copy all the labels you would need for all the chemicals you have and have a master file for them??

Lorrae

PS. If any body knows of a training course fo chemwatch maybe a few of us could get together and go??
birdie

Post by birdie »

Hi all
I will be going for ChemwatchII training on 27/3/07 in the City.There are other training times later in the year as well.Anna Goutnik in Chemwatch Education Services is the contact person.The contact no. which I have is (03)9573 3109.

Hope this is helpfull
birdie

//edit: commercial weblink/email removed as per forum rules
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Our Chemwatch training was done when the very first CSIS package came out, back in 1999. On how to implentment the package. And the lady then advised us to keep a copy of each label. It took about 2.5 years to get all the labels together, besides doing ones work as well.

I do believe the DET schools in NSW, received that first training free, after that you pay Chemwatch.

Perhaps you network meetings orginaliser can help you.

Regards
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
ELIZABETH
School: O'Connor Catholic College
Suburb: Armidale

chemical labels

Post by ELIZABETH »

Hi All,
I also use ChemGold on the net and am quite happy with it, but I also buy a new version of the CD each year for about $80. It's updated quarterly and is a useful backup if the internet at school is down. The labelling function in Chemgold is a bit clunky and I need to know how you copy the label to a Word document for manipulation. My word processing skills are rudimentary at best, so some help would be appreciated.
Regards
Elizabeth