Hazardous Chemical Register

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor
State/Location: NSW

Re: Hazardous Chemical Register

Post by Merilyn1 »

I wouldn't include them. Interesting question, though! I would think the fact that the quantities are small (we're not talking truck batteries here) and the contents are sealed then it would all seem safe.
I would ensure they are properly stored, especially button batteries, in the prep room where students don't have access but that has nothing to do with your chemical register.
RosalieL
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: MCS
State/Location: NSW

Re: Hazardous Chemical Register

Post by RosalieL »

Merilyn1 wrote: 29 Nov 2022, 06:43 I wouldn't include them. Interesting question, though! I would think the fact that the quantities are small (we're not talking truck batteries here) and the contents are sealed then it would all seem safe.
I would ensure they are properly stored, especially button batteries, in the prep room where students don't have access but that has nothing to do with your chemical register.
It was the music teacher that asked - they have boxes of them for the musicals etc. Mine are all stashed in a prep room drawer and even the teachers don't remember we have them! I don't think we have any button batteries.