Lab Assistant Poll

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
joh
State/Location: NSW

Lab Assistant Poll

Post by joh »

Hi everyone,
Thanks to everyone who took part in the poll about whether you were a lab assistant by choice.

I was surprised. I thought that like me most people were sent to science. I was an office casual for many years, but when the opportunity came up to be permanent I applied for a few jobs - one of them being science. That was the job I got offered.

That was nearly 6 years ago. I must admit it's a very interesting job and the faculty is a very helpful and friendly one and that's why I stuck it out for so long.

Everyone who uses chemtalk seems to be really enthusiastic about science - I'm not - to me it's just a job. So I have decided to put in for a transfer for an office job.

I think chemtalk is a wonderful concept.
Everyone keep up the good work

Bye for now
Joh. :-)
Slartibartfast
State/Location: QLD

Re: Lab Assistant Poll

Post by Slartibartfast »

That's a shame you don't share the enthusiasm for our place of work. I'm the opposite. I'm a printer by trade and continue to work as a programmer/document controller in Sydney and have done so for 9 years while also working in schools - THAT's boring but the money is rather good. Started in Science prep 13 years ago - was asked to go to print room/office and was bored out of my mind but I stuck with it and then this came up! I loved it all through studying at school and my day here is so varied and interesting I couldn't possibly not enjoy it! If I see another bus pass application or a letter from a parent I'll scream!!!!!!
Richard Hollinworth
Disease diagnosis and extension services
DPI&F
Biosecurity Sciences Laboratory
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Shame to loss you Jo-Anne, but I wish you the best of luck, in all you do.

Regards
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Ocean Breeze
Job Title: Lab Manager

Post by Ocean Breeze »

Joh,
hope that you get your transfer soon. Pity to see you go though. :-(
Maybe you'll end up missing it and come back?
RS