Space and Astronomy Topics

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
Robb
State/Location: NSW

Space and Astronomy Topics

Post by Robb »

Hi colleagues,

I have been posting my topics of what there is to know about our night sky views and other topics, would you like to see me continue these!!

I have seen a key interest from our group viewing the topics but I have never offered to ask for your input.

I know that some things I write may be a little technical, and I guess I can tone it down a little, but the only way to communicate certain aspects of things is to quote the important relationships scientifically.

I hope you like the topics I have posted so far..

Thanks heaps,

Robb.....

Oh and by the way America are now asking for applications for Educator Astronauts so there can be an opportunity to have a trip into space aboard the Internation Space Station. Unfortunately it is open only to those residing in America, (At the moment).
Dr Robert Crosdale. MRACI. NSS. NSSA. NASA.
Ph.D (Chem), Post Grad Ph.D (Physics), M.Ed, B.Sc (Hons), Dip. Appl. Sc. (Chem)
Lake Munmorah High School.
University of New England.
University of New South Wales.
University of Newcastle.

To understand the Universe from our perspective, we need to look towards our own backyard first for answers.

** AD ASTRA PER ASPERA - SEMPER EXPLORO **
Lyn
Job Title: Lab Assistant (Technician)
School: St. John's Catholic College
Suburb: Darwin
State/Location: NT

Re: Space and Astronomy Topics

Post by Lyn »

Hi Robb,

Please keep up the astronomy thread with all its technical aspects. That's what makes it interesting. I check in every so often and am intrigued as to where you get all this information. Keep it coming.

Lyn.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Hi Robb,

Please keep up this Astronomy & Space thread, I love it. Ture I do not always under stand it all, but please keep it up.

Regards
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

I enjoy reading these too when I have the time. Astronomy was one of my favourite subjects at uni but now i don't have time to really think about it myself... There is so much interesting stuff out there!
Rosalie
rell
State/Location: VIC

Post by rell »

I dont know a lot about astronomy but i find your posts have increased my knowledge. I have several teachers who want to know the latest updates all the time as they are astronomy buffs. So please keep going.
Loopy
School: Mater Dei Catholic College
Suburb: Wagga Wagga

Post by Loopy »

Just keep it coming! I find it all very intersting as does some of the teachers here who are interested in astronomy.
Thanks Rob for expanding my universe!