Broken Glass

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
Eggman
State/Location: VIC

Broken Glass

Post by Eggman »

Hello all,
Just wondering how others dispose of their broken glassware once the sharps bin is full?
Thanks
Ocker
Job Title: Lab attendant
State/Location: NSW

Broken Glass

Post by Ocker »

You already realise most of our glass is non-recyclable (Pyrex) and that that is not would be contaminated.
I prise open sharpes container empty into old photocopy paper box when full put on lid tape well and place in industrial waste bin at back of school
Robb
State/Location: NSW

Glass Disposal

Post by Robb »

Hi Justin,

Just to let you know how I dispose of my glass waste, I have a metallic bin (for obvious resons) and I have this labeled GLASS ONLY. I have spoken with the cleaners whom empty the bins so that they are aware that this bin has a purpose and that it is suitable to dispose of in the general solid waste.

Whenever the bin gets to a level the cleaner deems full, he/she disposes of this separately from all other waste, so that there is no chance of injury, into the dumpster bin we have for all rubbish and returns the bin to the lab to re-continue the cycle.

Hope this offers some insight...
Dr Robert Crosdale. MRACI. NSS. NSSA. NASA.
Ph.D (Chem), Post Grad Ph.D (Physics), M.Ed, B.Sc (Hons), Dip. Appl. Sc. (Chem)
Lake Munmorah High School.
University of New England.
University of New South Wales.
University of Newcastle.

To understand the Universe from our perspective, we need to look towards our own backyard first for answers.

** AD ASTRA PER ASPERA - SEMPER EXPLORO **