SASS Appreciation Week

for anything else that doesn't fit.
Slartibartfast
State/Location: QLD

Re: SASS Appreciation Week

Post by Slartibartfast »

Ian, why are you marking exams? Does your Science staff make your solutions? Do other labbies mark student exam papers? I know they were multi choice but......
Richard Hollinworth
Disease diagnosis and extension services
DPI&F
Biosecurity Sciences Laboratory
Loopy
School: Mater Dei Catholic College
Suburb: Wagga Wagga
State/Location: NSW

Post by Loopy »

Yes, I am often asked to mark the multiple choice section of exams even outside my curriculum. I guess I'm a sucker 'cause I believe in helping out whenever I can - always dependent on my current workload. I have yet to test the theory out tho' of "what goes around, comes around!"
Lou P.
PS I don't have extra activities such as looking after handsome devils like Brian!
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

True, he does take a lot of looking after. Took an hour to untangle the bugger from the switchboard cable after I released him in the school office the other day. I'll post some more pictures of him soon. He seems to have quite a following here. Shame I cannot make the Science conference this year, I'd introduce you all to him.I've never been asked to mark exams. I'm all for helping where I can, it's just that I know how busy we are and I would be worried about errors. I think Ian deserves a foot long chocolate frog that weighs 16 kilos for his efforts. Good man! I get asked to sometimes help in the Printroom but I'm a printer by trade and work a second job as a document controller (programmer) in Sydney so it's eaaaaaasy! Not the same rate of pay though so I only use 1 arm.
Richard Hollinworth
DPI&F
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

No I do not mark exams. I would help out, but if I ever need help with something, only the head teacher, seems to be the only one to help.

So I keep to my part.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Ian
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty

Post by Ian »

Thanks for the recipe Julie.
"They" reckoned that I should have brought tea and scones down to the shearer yesterday when he came to shear our goats (Angoras. Even cuter than Brian!!) so I thought I should have a recipe on hand and "suprise" them one day by actually doing morning tea. Perhaps I could brown the top of the scones with a Bunsen Burner? (just lightly flame the top?)

As for marking the Multi choice papers, well, when the whole school (except Yr 12) is on exams, they figure I have not much to do. (Although my prep room still looks like a pig sty!) In another life, I used to teach, and get my wife to mark my multi choice exams. Did some body say "what goes around comes around"?

Still, we all get along pretty well, and I mostly feel appreciated, despite not having a "SASS Appreciation Week"
J
School: DHS

Post by J »

Never been asked to mark exams, but have been solely responsible for the final output of academic reports for several years. Our new principal is horrified and says that the situation will change next year. I wish her luck getting the individual teachers to even spell the students' names right, let alone their grammar and everything else! 8O :cheesy:

Julie
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo

Post by rae »

I need proof that the angoras are cuter than Brian!!
Ian
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty

Post by Ian »

100_1128.JPG
So there!
Dont you love the cute little curls!

Ian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Very very cute, :cheesy: =D>
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

Oh, he's ok I suppose. It wouldn't be faithful to Brian if I started appreciating other schools fine specimens, he's a particuarly jealous goat. We want to see a picture of Nibbles! Go on. Ian and myself have shown you our goats, now show us yours.
Richard Hollinworth
DPI&F