A&D (AND) Electronic Balance

for anything else that doesn't fit.
KimFenley
State/Location: NSW

A&D (AND) Electronic Balance

Post by KimFenley »

Does anyone know if the AND Company or Distributor is still in existance as I have an electronic balance from the company which requires repair.

Can anyone help?

Kim
Voice
State/Location: VIC

Re: A&D (AND) Electronic Balance

Post by Voice »

Dear Kim,
I live in Melbourne but was able to find a local repairer for my AND balances. Check out your local instrument repairers. There might be one locally. Or someone similar to Australian Instrument Services in NSW.
Get a quote before you go ahead. When we got ours repaired, a number of years ago, it was good value to do so. It may not be the case now. Consider its normal wear and tear and it might be of more value to replace rather than repair.
We have 5 junior balances that go out to class for weighing of mice, chemicals, etc... I also have 2 broken ones. It would cost more to fix these than buy new ones.
I have attached a photo of how I store my balances. I think this is the best way (or something similar) to do so. As you can see, I use office trays.
It would be great if we could have pictures of great storage ideas.
I hope I have only loaded it once.
Anyhow, good luck with your balances.

Maree
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KimFenley

Post by KimFenley »

Thanks all

Looks like the company has changed name slightly, but the logo is the same. Will try them monday.

Kim
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo

Post by rae »

Hi,

Eddie Bishop repaired 2 of my electronic balances earlier in the year.
He had a look first to see if they were worth repairing and phoned me with the quote. Give him a try.

Lorrae
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

He really is very good, he did two very old Electronic balances for us. It was given to the school in 1961 when it first opened. We did not think it was worth fixing. So Eddie took it away, and came back with a quote, Via the phone, and we went ahead. Its a big old thing, but being big and old it is not likely to walk, I am sure you know what I mean.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Robb

Post by Robb »

Hi All,

A N D are still supplying Analytical Balances, it's just that there are so many subsidiary companies that supply them..

Contact you reputable supplier of laboratory equipment and they should be able to give you contact details. Just one pointer though, the repairer may not be A N D, it may be a subcontractor whom deals in electronic equipment of the like..

Cheers,

Robb.....
Dr Robert Crosdale. MRACI. NSS. NSSA. NASA.
Ph.D (Chem), Post Grad Ph.D (Physics), M.Ed, B.Sc (Hons), Dip. Appl. Sc. (Chem)
Lake Munmorah High School.
University of New England.
University of New South Wales.
University of Newcastle.

To understand the Universe from our perspective, we need to look towards our own backyard first for answers.

** AD ASTRA PER ASPERA - SEMPER EXPLORO **