New Lab assistants course semester 1 2009

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
rosiegbh
Job Title: SAO/Lab Assistant
School: Wyndham College
Suburb: Quakers Hill
State/Location: NSW

New Lab assistants course semester 1 2009

Post by rosiegbh »

Hi, I have just been given a flyer from my head teacher about a lab assistants course for SASS staff. I think it is open to everyone not just DET staff but is at present only in the Sydney area. There a 2 and one 3 day courses available in Feb and March at Holsworthy, Parramatta and Sydney.
Topics covered are: 1. Using the Chemical Safety in Schools package ( you need one of these packages to participate in the course). 2. Completing the CSIS training module 3. Unusual chemical orders and handling as per local need 4. The new upgraded prep-room overview 5. Labelling chemicals 6. Risk assessment 7. Chemical storage requirements 8. The chemical register 9. Limited equipment care tips and resources.
The web for more info is http://www.curriculumsupport.education. ... /index.htm or you can email Ric Morante (senior curriculum adviser science 7-12) at richard.morante@det.nsw.edu.au
Hope this is helpful
Rosemary :D
estelle
Job Title: VIP
School: Wollumbin High
Suburb: Murwillumbah

Re: New Lab assistants course semester 1 2009

Post by estelle »

I was just handed that info from my HT, he has even offered to go to the Principal and get them to pay for the training and travel costs. Can't see it happening but you never know.
Estelle
noona
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes

Post by noona »

Hi Rosmary
I got one as well but mine is a little different as you have to have the Working in Science Manual and It is a CD
I wonder if it is the same course
Noona :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
rosiegbh
Job Title: SAO/Lab Assistant
School: Wyndham College
Suburb: Quakers Hill

Post by rosiegbh »

Hi Noona,

I think it is the same course. You do need the have the new Working in Science Manual to attend. The site for ordering this is https://www/det.nsw.edu.au/proflearn/ar ... ience.html for those who do not have it. I am planning to attend at Parramatta on 25-26 February as have just got permission from my school and head teacher. I am looking forward to it as it is the first official training I have had since I started in science over a year ago.
I am also very appreciative of chemtalk family and St Mary's conference because without all of you with your years of experience and knowledge I would have been totally lost. =D>
Rosemary
noona
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes

Post by noona »

Hi Rosmary
I am also going you can never know to much
See you there
Noona \:D/ \:D/ :grin: :grin: