Chemwatch

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
vlclabbie
Job Title: Lab Chick
Suburb: Albury
State/Location: NSW

Chemwatch

Post by vlclabbie »

YAYAYAYAYAY :yahoo: I'm allowed to get Chemwatch as a standalone school & I was wondering what everyone thinks about using the CD or online access versions. Which is better??? :? Thanks techie peeps (as my daughter would say)!
noona
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes

Re: Chemwatch

Post by noona »

Hi
I just use on line as the dept are stingy in NSW :redcard: :redcard: and will not pay :mad:
On line gives you all the up dates I just cant use the manafest ( don't have a pass word)
Noona
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Please do a search on Chemwatch, their is some excellent threads that have been done. It is will worth searching, on this site.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Judy R
State/Location: QLD

Post by Judy R »

I have only ever used the online version...Chemgold
It is excellent and I use it for labels,manifest etc
our senior chemistry students also use it
macca
Job Title: Mind Reader

Post by macca »

Hi, I have the DVD version they send you out a new one 4 times a year. Was on internet but I had so many problems (could have been me) or if net was down.
Tori
estelle
Job Title: VIP
School: Wollumbin High
Suburb: Murwillumbah

Post by estelle »

Hi,
This is relevent to me at the moment.
We have paid for the licence about $80 for the past 4 years or so but my IT support from here has said that the next time I get a CD I will probably have to upgrade or I am going to run out of space or the computer is going to be really slow. I have a stand alone computer so it isn't like there are lots of other programs on it, only the things I have loaded. Each new CD seems to need a lot of memory.
I was at another local school yesterday and they are using the DET online version, it has the icons in different places but apart from that it seemed just as easy to use.
I did investigate the DET chemwatch site a couple of years ago but it didn't seem secure to me. At that time I could check out other school manifests and I was concerned that things might get changed when you least expected it. But now it seems that each school can get their own user name and password and be able to set up a manifest/storage just for each individual school. That is how the school I visited yesterdayv is set up. I am waiting for the local OH &S support officer to phone me back and give us the UN and PW so I can get started. I did have all my stores set up last year but some bright spark (not me) decided to change programs on my computer and didn't back everything up before deleting everything so I lost all the information.
I will let you know what the outcome is.
Estelle
vlclabbie
Job Title: Lab Chick
Suburb: Albury

Post by vlclabbie »

Thanks guys.... we are lucky [-o< (so far) that we don't have too many internet outages so I think I'll go with the online version for now....

Many thanks for the help!! And now to a break................ :coffee: