Back to the grind stone

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home
State/Location: NSW

Re: Back to the grind stone

Post by Labbie »

welcome back Rob, wonder if they would move you to F/T for a while. Honestly some schools, it does make you wonder?????? :redcard: :redcard:
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
ELIZABETH
School: O'Connor Catholic College
Suburb: Armidale

Post by ELIZABETH »

Yep Liz it does seem a strange decision.
Seems like a good time to send this joke - found it some time ago
All the best
LIZ

Newly Discovered Element

Investigators at a major research institution recently discovered the heaviest element known to science and have tentatively named it Adminstratium.

Administratium has no protons or electrons; thus it has an atomic number of 0. However, it has 1 neutron, 125 deputy neutrons, 75 assistant neutrons and 111 deputy assistant neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312.

These 312 particles are held together by a force that involves the continuous exchange of meson-like particles called morons. It is also surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called peons.

Since it has no electrons, Administratium is chemically inert. Nevertheless, it can be detected chemically, as it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact. According to the discoverers, a minute amount of Administratium causes one reaction to take more than four days to complete, when it would normally have occurred in less than a second.

Although Administratium has a normal half-life of three years, it does not decay, but instead undergoes a reorganization in which a proportion of the deputy neutrons, assistant neutrons and deputy assistant neutrons exchange places.

In fact, an Administratium’s sample mass will actually INCREASE over time, since with each reorganization some of the morons inevitably become neutrons, forming new isotopes. This characteristic of moron promotion leads some scientists to speculate that Administratium is spontaneously formed whenever morons reach a certain level of concentration. This hypothetical quantity is referred to as the “critical morass.” You will recognize it when it occurs.
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

very very good I did enjoy that one. :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:
Regards Labbie

lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Post by lizzieb »

Thanks guys!

Loved your joke, Liz =D>

Congratulations on your grandaughter, Julie - fantastic news! And Happy Birthday!!! I reckon that turning 50 is a reason to celebrate all year. Make a list of 50 things you want to do, or achieve, then go out and tick 'em off, one by one.....

Have fun!
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
J
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: DHS

Post by J »

Thank you Liz.

Had a fabulous weekend with lots of family and a few close friends. :wub: :wub: Made me feel very special. :giggle:

It was so good I might turn 50 again sometime. :clap3: :clap3:

J
noona
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes

Post by noona »

Hi All
Rob great to see you back :D :D
Loved the joke :cheesy: :cheesy:
I have some great news I will be a Noona again in June this year my sone and his wife will have their 3 child :wub: :wub:
Then on Sat night w had Dinne at home my baby son's 29th brithday when my daughter told us all she is going to have a baby due 25th DEC HAPPY XMAS :wub: :wub: :wub: :clap3:
Noona
P.S. I need a pay rise to pay for all the pressy at Xmas :cheesy: :cheesy:
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

congratulations Noona, two in one year. My son is only getting married this year, so it will be a while before I'm a grand mother or nan. Lovely news do like nice news on a Monday.
Regards Labbie

noona

Post by noona »

Hi Sue
I love being a Noona as I love them and get so much love back that some times I think I will burst :wub: :wub: My grandaughter Paige who is very smart is on Utube singing Advance Australia Fair when she was 2 1/2 she is so clever :clap3: :clap3:
Noona :clap3:
lizzieb

Post by lizzieb »

Congratulations, Rosalie - 2 new bubbas to love, that's great! :clap3:
Sue, too, with a wedding this year. That'll be special =D>

I've got great news too :mail:

Something truly amazing happened at 3.25 Friday afternoon, after 2 days of negotiating, talking, planning, etc re the changes involved with my move to F/O, and finally getting it sorted...
I got a call from staffing! Today I have accepted a transfer to Farrer (boys agricultural boarding selective school here in Tamworth, and a 3min drive from home) - 4 days/week in Science. It's a miracle, I tell you! [-o< [-o< [-o<
Then a second one - Tamworth High want to keep me for the other day, also in Science. \:D/ \:D/
I was so shell-shocked Friday night that it took 24 hrs before it really sank in. :yahoo:
Thank you, God!
Life is good! :party:
Liz

noona

Post by noona »

Hi Liz
Well Done :clap3: :clap3:
Hope you still come to St Mary's :thumbup: :thumbup:
Can't have a Confeence without you :cheesy: :cheesy:
Noona
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

Best news yet, Oh that is so great Liz. See it comes to us that wait???????? :clap3: :clap3:
Regards Labbie

J
School: DHS

Post by J »

Congratulations Liz!! :clap3: :clap3:
That's the best news!!
Good luck in your new abode and I hope they treat you with the respect you deserve. :yahoo: :yahoo:
Julie
Sassi

Post by Sassi »

Liz I am so happy for you, that is absolutely fantastic news :clap3:

Sassi :giggle:
RosalieM
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

Hi Liz! That's such good news!!! Who are you replacing?
Loopy
School: Mater Dei Catholic College
Suburb: Wagga Wagga

Post by Loopy »

Gee! That's excellent for you! I hope you bought a lottery ticket, with that kinda luck you could be rich too!
Lou P. :clap3:
lizzieb

Post by lizzieb »

Thankyou, thankyou - my only problem now is the bruises from pinching myself \:D/
I think I'm more relieved than excited actually. Been a bumpy last few years workwise, but hopefully things will be much easier now.

Noona - practically the first thing I mentioned while I was visiting Farrer yesterday was about St Marys, and they said yes! When their labbies have gone in the past, the school has paid all their expenses, including petrol! THS only paid course fees for me. Mind you, while negotiating my move to F/O last week, I made sure that my attendence this year was part of the deal. I figured that was the least they could do to sweeten things!! But hey, it doesn't matter now - yippee :cheesy: :cheesy:

RosalieM - Alma took a transfer to Armidale, back to F/O, which suits her, as she wants to live on-campus next year. She's happily taking all the credit for my move, bless her.
Liz

noona

Post by noona »

Hi Liz
Great news see you in November :clap3: :clap3:
Noona
fibreweb
School: Oxley High School
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by fibreweb »

Congratulations Liz,

Not only are you moving to a new school, it is also a school that will be having it's science labs upgraded in the near future :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

New job, new pep room, new labs. You will be able to set it up just as you want it, especially the prep room. Not to mention well trained science staff that are used to collecting their trays and returning them. \:D/

Also a decent chemical store cupboard :thumbup:

Go for it Liz. You deserve it. :D

Wendy
lizzieb

Post by lizzieb »

Oh yes, Wendy, Farrer's a pretty cushy place to work, by anyone's standards!

Science is all on one level; half the number of labs and storerooms; showers in all labs; the main P/R's twice the size of my 'cave' (and it's got lots of big windows that not only look out on farmland and hills, but also OPEN!!); my own separate office (with an outside phoneline!); a budget I'll probably never be able to exhaust (in the red here already this year!)
And about to be refurbished.
But best of all:
A large, clean, well-fitted, ventilated chemstore with proper storage cupboards - and absolutely no chemical smell !!!!!!!!!!!!
I could rave on & on, if I didn't know how it feels to be in a school at the opposite end of the scale. So for you out there doing it tough, I promise I'll thanking my lucky stars and thinking of you every day....

Hence the bruises - if it's a dream, I sure hope I don't wake up for a long, long time.
Or maybe I've already lost the plot and gone starkers.
Sassi, what were you saying about us being sane earlier?? This kind of crazy I can handle.

Alma told me last Wednesday that there were 4 on the transfer list in front of me, so Farrer didn't think I stood a chance. But there you go - miracles do happen.

Relief, blessed relief is still my main emotional response...
Liz

rosiegbh
Job Title: SAO/Lab Assistant
School: Wyndham College
Suburb: Quakers Hill

Post by rosiegbh »

What great news Liz. :clap3: From someone who has a nice clean prep room and labs plus big windows to look out of with plenty of ventilation it makes your day all the more brighter and you enjoy going to work. I hope you settle in easily and the staff welcome you with open arms. :D

Rosemary