rosiegbh
Job Title: SAO/Lab Assistant
School: Wyndham College
Suburb: Quakers Hill
State/Location: NSW

Help with chemical stocktake

Post by rosiegbh »

Hi all,

Just a question about stocktake. I have been gradually getting this done over the last 6 months as I have had to rearrange my whole chemstore. Thanks Noona for your chemical register :clap3: Great help! and I have put to one side all the chemicals that are 30yrs old or more and numerous containers of aluminium sulphate x 20 etc.

I have been told that I need to dispose of them in the register. Is this correct? I don't have an accurate previous stocktake to go by but I thought I could just record the ones that I am keeping and toss the rest. They are all waiting for the det collection hopefully this year. :D

Also, when they audit later in the year do they ask to see the previous stocktake or just the current one.

Rosemary
dime

Re: Help with chemical stocktake

Post by dime »

From my experience they will only want a current stocktake. I think they only look for the fact that you have a list of chemicals available in the front office. They have never checked the accuracy of the stocktake here. You may need to have a list of the chemicals that you wish to dispose of when the contractors arrive, so it would help if it were already done. I kept three jars of all chemicals except the ones we use all the time and also got rid of all the mercury compounds and ones I wasn't sure about but hadn't been used either. Good luck. :thumbup:
noona
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes

Re: Help with chemical stocktake

Post by noona »

Hi Rosmary
They need to see this yearst one so 2009
Check CSIS to get rid of old chemicals
You only need a register if you are keeping the chemicals for pickup later.
Remember to make sure that on the rigister that you put down how much eg: 250gr or they will chagre you for the amount on the bottle
Noona
Noona
Lab Manager
Greystanes High School
Beresford Rd
Greystanes 2145
8868 9113
ROSALIE.CASSAR@det.nsw.edu.au
rosiegbh
Job Title: SAO/Lab Assistant
School: Wyndham College
Suburb: Quakers Hill