management software

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

management software

Post by RosalieM »

I know some people have discussed various programs for risk assessments, stock registers etc., but I am wondering if anyone knows of a lab management program where you can create a database of pracs so teachers can electronically order their pracs instead of having to write it out every year? If you do, may I have your opinion on these programs?
Thanks,
Rosalie :)
rosiegbh
Job Title: SAO/Lab Assistant
School: Wyndham College
Suburb: Quakers Hill

Re: management software

Post by rosiegbh »

Great Idea Rosalie, I would love to have that facility at my school. Hope someone has the answer

Rosemary
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

The ICT integrator here is also looking into it so hopefully we'll come up with something, otherwise we'll make one up. Perhaps it will be my ticket to $millions! :cheesy:
Rosalie
nickyw
State/Location: QLD

Post by nickyw »

The former labby here, who has now gone over to IT (computer genius), made up our own using an access program. All the pracs from the various text books and teachers heads are written into the program and when the teachers need to order a prac they simply look up the experiment name from a drop down list, fill out the details ie: name, class, when, where etc and then email it to me :clap3: Easy.

The only negative is some teachers are tooooo stupid to use it :redcard: but I'm about to get tough and deny their little bits of paper with a prac written on it somewhere. :mad:
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Post by smiley »

OK so where's the emoticon for envy.
Cheers, K 8-)
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

hi,
it is not hard to make it, if you are familiar with Access 07 I can talk you through, or if you can wait conference coming up sometimes in July. I'll be running workshop "IT for lab technicians"
Smee will be person to ask more about conference,she is in organising comity
Cheers Jazz
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

Thanks Jazz. That's what our IT guy said he'd use if we couldn't find anything else out there. What conference are you talking about in July?