Accessing CSIS

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
Lyn
Job Title: Lab Assistant (Technician)
School: St. John's Catholic College
Suburb: Darwin
State/Location: NT

Accessing CSIS

Post by Lyn »

CSIS is only for NSW schools. I have been trying for some time to find information which will enable me to purchase a hard copy for my science department. So far have not had much luck. Is there anyone in the NSW system who can give me information as to which specific site on the net I need to visit to get information on the purchase cost and perhaps an order form. I cannot access the intranet(?) site as it seems to be only available for schools within the NSW system. Would appreciate any assistance.
Lyn
Narelle01
State/Location: NSW

Re: Accessing CSIS

Post by Narelle01 »

http://www.curriculumsupport.education. ... /index.htm

let me know if this link works..if not, i will work on it for you on Monday
:D
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

Hi Narelle,
I just tried it and the link works to the main site, but then the link from the site to the CSIS info doesn't work. There are numbers in the 'contact us' section that Lyn should be able to use to hopefully get somewhere. If you are not NSW DET then you can't use the DET websites.
Rosalie
Lyn
Job Title: Lab Assistant (Technician)
School: St. John's Catholic College
Suburb: Darwin

Post by Lyn »

Thanks narelle, I got the link and clicked into the CSIS intranet site but it only functions within NSW as far as I can tell. Mind you I got a little further this time in that instead of being denied access to the intranet site I looked at a blank screen with a cursor and the little egg timer for over ten minutes. So I've eaten lunch and played a few games of solitaire while the computer is thinking about linking me into viewing the CSIS Vols. 1 & 2, but it aint gonna happen. I had found this site before and I rang the NSWDET trying to find someone to help me but whichever person (possibly Glen Sawle) I was directed to was out at the time and then I think my life got pretty busy and this became something put on the backburner to come back to later. Mind you every time you guys refer to the CSIS I get a little envious that you have this information virtually at your fingertips. If we have a uniform science curriculum across Australia maybe we will all have the same access to the information you have in NSW.
Lyn.
Narelle01

Post by Narelle01 »

yeah, after i found and posted the link i clicked on it too, and it didn't go anywhere....
I'll keep looking for something for you!!!
Even if we have to photocopy it for you!
rosaliemb

Post by rosaliemb »

To Lynda
I am Lab Ass. in Alice Aprings and also have been envious of this CSIS thing, and have assumed it was for the lucky NSW people. If you find any access to it I would be grateful if you passed it on to me.
Best wishes Rosalie (another one) :D