Beaker mugs

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
ellice
Job Title: Lab technician
School: The Illawarra Grammar School
Suburb: Figtree
State/Location: NSW

Beaker mugs

Post by ellice »

Hi all,
The gang here are keen to have Beaker mugs to drink their coffee out of! All the suppliers I've found are in US, and I wondered if anyone knew of a local supplier.
I thought they would make nice gifts for relieving teachers.
Ellice. 8)
dolphinscales
Job Title: Laboratory Technican
School: Mandurah Senior College
State/Location: WA

Re: Beaker mugs

Post by dolphinscales »

never heard of them so went looking - curious cat and all that - yes i too can only find US suppliers for this brilliant idea.

what with the ozzie dollar being so strong and all it might be worth the buy. You could get orders form others and ship them over ans send them out - charging the appropriate moneys to cover shipment from the us and to them - your own little side liner -lol.

if i come up with an ozzie supplier i will let you know i am going to keep looking.
just thought though is it scientrific(????) that do the ties , mugs, aprons and so forth ??? maybe you could contact them and ask them to get them in ??? it is along the lines of soem items they all ready
carry
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

I haven't heard of beaker mugs either! Southern Biological have novelty science gifts. Not that I've looked them up recently but I think they have bug specimens encased in gear knobs etc... Might be worth checking with them as well as scientrific.
dolphinscales

Post by dolphinscales »

Rosalie you might be right it might be southern biol i was thinking of - can not find my catndogs that have them in - HOD must have them at present.
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

Just google southern biological to find their website and follow the links from there :)
Narelle01

Post by Narelle01 »

I also googled them - they look so great!
maybe we could see if we could get them for the science conf this year, that way a larger order will be cheaper for freight etc.

I was also amused at the sites other gifts....the periodic table shower curtain - thats a must have for any safety shower :giggle:
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

Yes!! A good idea!! I wonder if it fits on Lada's shower curtain rail (or was it someone else who has the curtain rail but no curtain on their safety shower?) I will have to have a look and refresh my memory on their gadgets and gifts :)
dolphinscales

Post by dolphinscales »

it is truely almazing the science geeky things you can get overseas (usa) ohh i wish they would take hold here i would definately be the geek with the science flash then -lol.
noona
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes

Post by noona »

Hi all
I think I migt have to look into this for the conference I will let you all know :clap3: :clap3:
Noona
Lab Manager
Greystanes High School
Beresford Rd
Greystanes 2145
8868 9113
ROSALIE.CASSAR@det.nsw.edu.au
lada

Post by lada »

Love the beaker mug or the caffeine mug. And NO rosalie, I do not have a shower rail, I am lucky to have a shower. Only reason they put them in the labs was to pass inspection.
Ah, poor me. :-({|=
Lada :coffee:
I can just see myself with the mug
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

Sorry Lada, I'll have to go search for who has the shower curtain rail with no curtain now!! It came up a week or two ago in a discussion somewhere.
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

Found it! It is Rowyrow who has the curtain rail with no curtain :)

PS Narelle01 where did you find the shower curtains?
lada

Post by lada »

I also want the stargate coasters, only problem is , they do not make the hole in the universe.
Rowyrow
State/Location: NT

Post by Rowyrow »

yep surely is me ! At the moment I have a bunch or wash up cloths hanging on it to dry :coffee: I WANT A BEAKER MUG!!!! :clap3:
Ocker
Job Title: Lab attendant

Post by Ocker »

If anyone is going into the import business I want Caffein mug and Chem cocktail set :clap3: :drunk:
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

There is a site in Aus if you google cafe press you will get them. Probably not the type of thing you are looking for but some very good nerdy/interesting/funny/clever designs :)
Ocker
Job Title: Lab attendant

Post by Ocker »

I just got down some of my cattle dogs and 3Bscientific have Lumber mugs like large verterbra and thinking cap that looks like exposed brain under fun products
ellice
Job Title: Lab technician
School: The Illawarra Grammar School
Suburb: Figtree

Post by ellice »

Hey Ocker,
Where is the Chem cocktail set? We have a guy here who looooves cocktails. He has a 30th coming up. (he's just a baby!!) Make a great gift.
Ellice. 8-)
Jen1
School: Halls Head Community College

Post by Jen1 »

Prof Bunsen sell periodic table mugs and cups and also global warming mugs where the sea level rises when hot coffee is in the cup. Also disposable cups that turn blue with icy cold contents.
vlclabbie
Job Title: Lab Chick
Suburb: Albury

Post by vlclabbie »

What about a mug with Beaker on it?? Remember him from the Muppets?! One of my fave characters .... Oh & the Swedish chef! :cheesy: