Krysia Lee
Job Title: Labbie
School: Brigidine College
Suburb: St Ives
State/Location: NSW

DISHWASHER

Post by Krysia Lee »

Hi
I just put a post about this under the welcome back everyone topic accidentally. Sorry
We are in the process of ordering new stuff for my brand new very prep room, I'm very excited. I've been asked to pick my new dishwasher. Has anyone any advise on what type is good. The office has suggested a Lavabor. from Meile, does anyone know if thats good?
I also had to submit quotes for all new stuff for the new labs and have quoted most prices from Serata and after reading the Not Happy Max forum am panicking that I've done the wrong thing. Will try changing the glassware at least.
I love all the help you talented people offer, thanks a million and welcome back too.
Krysia
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Re: DISHWASHER

Post by RosalieM »

Hi Krysia - How exciting that you are getting a new prep room and actually have a say in what goes in it!! If you do a search for dishwasher you will come up with discussions we have had previously on this site. There are lots of things to look for in a dishwasher and ideas on how to make better use of the space etc. You might get more out of a search than waiting for people to write back. It seems a bit quiet today! Everyone must be busy being the first day back in term 2...
Rosalie :)
bindibadgi
Suburb: Kensington Park
State/Location: SA

Post by bindibadgi »

Hi Krysia,

I have a Miele Lavabor Professional G 7804, & it's a gem!
I get it serviced each year & it's worked beautifully for nearly 5 years without a single glitch.
It took a few years to get budget approval because it wasn't cheap, but I can highly recommend it. It does a large volume of glassware in a load, all shapes & sizes (you'll need to spend a bit on the assorted baskets & inserts), & the 45 min cycle I mostly use leaves everything crystal clean.

Good luck!
bindibadgi
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

I just googled that dishwasher and I WANT ONE!!! Wow!! I have an old household dishwasher which was unwanted by a school parent... It often goes through with wasted space because of the lack of spikes and small equipment. Not that I will complain about it because it sure beats hand washing any day!
Krysia Lee
Job Title: Labbie
School: Brigidine College
Suburb: St Ives

Post by Krysia Lee »

Good Morning
Thanks for the replies. Kiah that's great to know you're happy with that. The Architect told the school to order the $11,500 model which made the business office panic. I'm sure that one would be fantastic, its got a dryer that dries all the pipettes and burettes inside and out but that's not going to happen so I'm more than happy to go with the Lavabor, it does look better that my old one which is the same model as yours Roaslie. It is very exciting getting a new prep room although I loved my old one which was huge, my new one is a third the size the make way for an extra lab. So I'm concerned about the amount of bench space I'm going to get.
Krysia
SGG

Post by SGG »

I'm exceedingly jealous......I want a dishwasher, ANY dishwasher (hmmm be careful what I wish for?)
Sue G
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

wow - a proper lab dishwasher.. I have an old household one.. I wosh I could design a basket for test tubes so i could wash them all in there.. and it just doesnt fit everything.. but what it does fit and wash come out sparkling .. and saves all that effort... :D
amandag
State/Location: VIC

Post by amandag »

http://www.mentonegrammar.net/gallery/facilities
love the miele...photo of our new place, third row from the bottom...
dime

Post by dime »

Wow Amandag, what a great looking school! Is it nice to work in too?
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo

Post by rae »

OMG!!!! Jealous or what? What a great looking place. Is it all new??
Voice

Post by Voice »

It all looks fantastic! However, I do not like the white benches; unless they are marble I wonder how their pristine colour will last. But, I looove the ceramic sinks, so much better than stainless steel.
Maree
nickyw
State/Location: QLD

Post by nickyw »

whoa that looks like a beautiful school Leaves state schools for dead. Private schools must have so much money because their facilities are soooo much better than the old state schools. :yuck:

Oh well we can only hope the government inject some much needed cash for upgrades. We still have rooms with abspestos :redcard: time for an overhaul on state schools I think.
lada

Post by lada »

I work in private school and labs do not look like that :redcard: :redcard:
I just showed my HOD the photos and HE is sooo jealous. Our labs are very old and outdated. There is a talk of refurbishing, but not in my lifetime.
Lada :coffee:
Vicki L
School: Murrumburrah High School
Suburb: HARDEN

Post by Vicki L »

WOW what a beautiful school, everything so neat and tidy. What great science rooms, puts ours to shame big time.
Ocker
Job Title: Lab attendant

Post by Ocker »

Its not the look of the labs that make a good school, It's the quality of the Teachers And labbiebut I'm jealous
amandag

Post by amandag »

Thank you on all your comments..the benches are made from Corian..it has been 8 months now..no stain..we road tested all types of bench tops...down to leaving methylene blue..silver nitrate was the only one, we could not lift in total..these tops can be sanded down to remove the stains..wet and dry procedure..the sinks are not ceramic polymer..it took 9 months from demolitioning to opening..not featured is the chemical storeroom with sensor controlled air in and out...walk in aquarium with two tanks as features of external wall 2000l each and connected to a refugent tank 1500l...all connected to CO2..growing a jungle...
Nice office..distilled water in chemistry room and dessignated tap in prep. room..vaccum system in chemistry room along with DC power..no more powerpacks..also in Physics room..H beam in Physics room for pulleys upto 150KG..
It is a great build..with a lot consulting..and being involved in site meeting...
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

Such a great idea to have labs designated for specific subjects with equipment 'built in' to save on moving it all the time!
amandag

Post by amandag »

A quick comment All rooms can be used for yr prep. prep to Yr 12...physics, biology and General science as they all have fumehoods, the Chemistry room has four fumehoods, so it makes it easier when students need to access them.. we have a total of 6 classroom and labs..the two downstairs room, can be separated by doors to accommodate another class if a clash occurs..but usually the teacher has both areas.

The prep.preps. use the round bench room alot of the time..if they reach their breakfast bar at home, they can usually cope..
Lis
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
School: Central Coast Grammar
Suburb: Erina Heights

Post by Lis »

WOW Amanda, our school is a new school and our labs are lovely but NOTHING like what you have :-({|= [-o< , I hope the kids appreciate it as much as us just looking at the pics :popcorn: :clap3: , thanks for sharing them, I am impressed
Cheers
Lisa
Rita

Post by Rita »

Hi Everyone

Well, our dishwasher has just bled to death! Mopping up water in prep and chem store. (An old Simpson dishwasher.)

Has anyone else got a reliable dishwasher to recommend besides the Miele?

Have the household dishwashers lasted well at your schools?

Where do you get test tube baskets from? Do all dishwashers hold them?

Thanks for your help