Great Bunsens!

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
coxy
State/Location: NSW

Great Bunsens!

Post by coxy »

If I am allowed to give a "thumbs up" to a product, I would like to say we just purchased 30 LPG bunsens from Westlab Supplies in Ballarat Vic. We have never used this company before, but the bunsens are great, best ones we have ever bought, and only $9-90 each. I am ordering another 45 today. They arrived within eight days of ordering, so that was impressive on its own. We have purchased bunsens from other places over the past 5 years, and have sent back more than we have ever kept. All the teachers loved these ones, so I am ordering 15 new ones for each of our 5 labs.
Ocker
Job Title: Lab attendant

Re: Great Bunsens!

Post by Ocker »

Hey Coxy!
Please elaborate, What's so great about them,
i.e. better design or just better quality control
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Post by smiley »

Hey Coxy,

I'm with you. We buy a lot of their stuff these days, even though I'm all the way up here. Each year I've replaced one labs worth of bunsens, now we have the new ones in all the labs. Service from the company is great too!

Cheers, K 8-)
coxy

Post by coxy »

Quality is great, design is much better than others we have purchased. The collar fits well and so far hasn't jammed. Teachers are impressed too, probably because the bunsens haven't been clogged up with melted "gunk" yet, and dear students haven't pushed broken bits of matches into the tubing, and other fun things. 8-[
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo

Post by rae »

Hi Sue,
How did you dispose of the old Bunsens?

Lorrae
coxy

Post by coxy »

Hi Lorrae,
I didn't say I disposed of them!! I have arranged to have them pulled apart, cleaned, bases painted, and put back together again; and hopefully we will be able to keep them as spares. If it works out they are not worth repairing, I guess I might give them to the scrap metal man!