Condolances to Theresa

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
fibreweb
School: Oxley High School
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

Condolances to Theresa

Post by fibreweb »

I would just like to express my condolance to Theresa and the rest of the staff at Winthrop Baptist College following the loss of 2 of their staff members in Thailand.

My thoughts, and I imagine those of the whole Chemtalk family, are with you and you fellow staff at this time.

Wendy
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Re: Condolances to Theresa

Post by Labbie »

How awful, that is so very sad.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Robb

Post by Robb »

Hi All,

My deepest regrets also...

cheers,

Robb.....
Dr Robert Crosdale. MRACI. NSS. NSSA. NASA.
Ph.D (Chem), Post Grad Ph.D (Physics), M.Ed, B.Sc (Hons), Dip. Appl. Sc. (Chem)
Lake Munmorah High School.
University of New England.
University of New South Wales.
University of Newcastle.

To understand the Universe from our perspective, we need to look towards our own backyard first for answers.

** AD ASTRA PER ASPERA - SEMPER EXPLORO **
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Post by lizzieb »

Thinking of you all too, Theresa, especially this first week back.

God Bless,
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
Teresa
State/Location: WA

Re: Condolances to Teresa

Post by Teresa »

Thank you to all who have expressed kind thoughts and prayers for our college community.
It was certainly a freak accident that occurred in Thailand, when lightening struck out of the blue killing 5 people, including Dr Greg Crombie, who was Head of the SOSE department here at Winthrop Baptist College. A youth worker Thomas McGuinness and three Thai students were the others who died. The school has put various systems in place such as counselling to deal with the trauma of this tragic event.
The funerals for Greg and Thomas were held here during the school holidays and there was a very moving memorial service held this morning celebrating the contribution that Greg made to the college community.
Greg Crombie has left quite a legacy of a life committed to helping others and sharing the gospel and will be sorely missed.
It is indeed very touching how many schools throughout the nation who have expressed their care and concern.
Many thanks
Teresa
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Post by lizzieb »

Thank you Teresa for giving us some background information. It must be a tremendous shock for the whole community. I have faith that their loss will bring lasting inspiration of service to those who knew them, and to the students of the future.

Blessings to you all,
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

Dear Theresa,
A death in the school community is so hard to bear.. my prayers are with you all.
Pam
rosiegbh
Job Title: SAO/Lab Assistant
School: Wyndham College
Suburb: Quakers Hill

Post by rosiegbh »

It must have been very hard for you Theresa during this sad time. I hope you can be comforted by all of us in the chemtalk family. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Rosemary